Friday, March 5, 2010

Spring!!

I can feel it in the air. SPRING!!!!!!!

I suffer terribly from SAD this year was probably the worst year I have ever had. I have learned over the years to not make any major decisions during the months of November- February and I am learning to keep my mouth shut during this same time frame. I always feel like I should send out a HUGE I am sorry e-mail to everyone I have come into contact with. That said, Thank the good Lord that spring is on the way. I feel like I am coming out of my cave and ready to take on life again.

In between my trips to the park and tackling the mounds of paper work I have, I found some time to read a book. Ark Angel is the sixth book in the Alex Rider series written by British author Anthony Horowitz. I have had it on the shelf for sometime and thought it looked interesting,so I took it to the park with me this week. The main hero of the story is a 14 year old boy named Alex Rider. Alex works for the M16 ,the British version of the C.I.A. I found in the book a surprising amount of Physics and other science related facts. I never knew why tightrope walkers can do what they do,but after reading the book I now know. The book was very captivating and kept me wanting to read more. This would be a great series of books for boys in the 12- 18 age range. Bad guys do die in the book and there is a lot of action,but I did not find anything offensive in it.

This series may be just what some of you are looking for to get your boys reading.

HAPPY SPRING, MY FRIENDS!!!!! Yes, I am shouting with joy!!!

Jeanie

No comments:

Post a Comment